UKRAINE SOLIDARITY CAMPAIGN
This trade union/organisation notes:
1. The ongoing conflict between the Ukrainian government and paramilitary forces in the east of the country backed by Russian imperialism.
2. That all workers in Ukraine – Ukrainian-speaking, Russian-speaking and Russian – are facing attacks on their rights and living standards as a result of neo-liberal economic policies promoted by Western governments, the IMF, etc.
3. That the Ukraine Solidarity Campaign has been established to organise solidarity and provide information in support of Ukrainian socialists and trade unionists, campaigning for working class, and democratic rights, against imperialist intervention and national chauvinism. Basic aims are:
• to support and build direct links with the independent socialists and the labour movement in Ukraine.
• to support the right of the Ukrainian people to determine their own future free from external intervention from Russian or Western imperialism
This trade union/organisation resolves
1. To invite a speaker from the Ukraine Solidarity Campaign to our next meeting.
2. To circulate information from the campaign and about Ukrainian workers’ struggles to our members.
3. To seek a Ukrainian union or union branch to build direct links and solidarity with.
4. To affiliate to the campaign and donate £